Monday, March 21, 2011

Living Justified and in Balance

This was Sunday morning (March 20th) preaching by Pastor T. E. Bailey. Each time I hear the Word of the Lord coming from my Pastor I can feel a weird movement inside... Almost like a slushing feeling trying to burst out...

I know what it is though, through  my Pastor the Lord is waking the giant within... a giant who fell asleep. A Holy Ghost giant! I've had the not so great privilege of  wandering in the wilderness and really at times I didn't know, where, how, what and why I was wandering. I still don't understand some things but I'll leave it to the Lord to expose it at His due time not mine!

Anyway... in attempts to gain back some ground I allowed to slip out of my hand, I'm taking control of my flesh! Devotion, study, prayer, exercise in all aspects of the word! I'd like to live a justified and balanced life and I can do this through Christ who strengthens me! I know I can't because truly my flesh is saying "get real, who you kidding?" But I received a Word from the Lord that says I can do it through you!!!!! Amen Lord I receive it!!!!

So here's some of the preaching that was shared on Sunday... Forgive me because he was moving way too fast for me to get everything! I need to start recording it!

  1. God wants us to live a justified life.
  2. We have liberty with boundary's.  Example: Living in the U.S. we have the ability to attain a drivers license, with this license we are given the privilege to operate a vehicle. There are RULES and LAWS that must be followed or else our license can be revoked. Law states that on a particular highway 55 MPH is the limit we can choose to go 100 or higher MPH being that we have what we need to do this. However the law clearly states 55 MPH is the limit, here is where the Lord blessed us we have a CHOICE to follow the law stated or break it. There are consequences either way someone can get hurt #1 and/ or when caught we could be fined or worse the revoking of a privilege.
  3. God wants us to live righteously... the simple definition of this word is Right with God.
  4. Justification simply means Just as if I never sin. There are two major extremes we do not want to fall into... 
    1. We live in a world where we don't want to change, I'm fine it's everyone else that's the problem... Liberalism
    2. Holier than thou... self righteousness... Legalism.
  5. We want to be in balance! There is no such thing as penance with the Lord. We cannot work to get into heaven- it's more than that we need repentance.
What I've got written here is the way I understood the preaching so from my perspective. I will ask him for more notes =) 

I do want to add some things from the preaching that really helped me!

Shame is nothing more than unforgiveness to self. Shame ties the hands of the Lord to help in our situations.

Liberty is not a license to sin. Liberty is that we have been liberated from Old Testament rules and laws. Example: scape goats etc. 


Law brings knowledge of sin- without we don't know that we are sinning or doing wrong. 


Jesus gives us the ability to live above sin!


Romans 3:23-24 King James Version
For all have sinned (Past tense)
and come short of the the glory of God; (present tense) what does that mean? We ALWAYS NEED HIM!

23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus

Ok... so what's my news than with all this... I took it to heart and this is what is on my heart and mind.... 

Honestly when I see someone who's groomed well, body is shape, great personality and more importantly and cannot stress that enough has a beautiful spirit!!!!! And more of course! I myself appreciate that... I can't say that I've been diligent at that but that's my prayer. To be diligent in all aspects... spirit, mind, body which will also include soul. I hope you pray for me and I'll keep anyone reading this blog in my prayers for a change in all parts of life- I Love Jesus and cannot say that I'm always going to do right or be right but I don't want my "license" revoked when I appear before the Lord but I also want to be happy here on earth... while I have the time. Getting my spirit right with the Lord, getting my attitude right with the Lord, my body in to shape and a smile not just on my face but in my spirit.

























No comments:

Post a Comment