Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Low in carb but tastes great!

     In effort to be more creative with my meals yet be able to eat stuff that's tasty, I sort of made up my own recipe. Has it been done before probably! I just went to atkins.com to find out what I can eat (my menu plan of choice) while I go through my "lifestyle" change. I am trying to make it an entire change not just physical but spiritual, mental, emotional... basically all the al's LoL
     I hope that you like this recipe and you can tweak it for what tastes good to you! Luana! (Enjoy! in Hawaiian)

Ok so recipe 1 chicken any chicken as long as the skin is gone! I used a chicken breast  I did one whole chicken breast but it's optional how much you want to use one chicken breast is about 3-4 thighs 4-5 drums 5-6 wings be mindful it's a change!

1 chicken breast (Because a breast is thick I butterfly cut the breast into 3 slices.)
½ cup zuccinni
2 pinch garlic salt
2 pinches of pepper
4 twigs of fresh rosemary
2 pinches of red pepper flakes (optional)
¼ cup of mixed cheddar, mozzarella, blue, (any cheese really)

Preheat your oven at 350° 
Use whatever kind of pan you have if it isn't non-stick than use some kind of spray. Be mindful! Not a lot!
I place the rosemary two twigs of rosemary at the bottom of the bag parallel of each other length wise (of the pan long way is length wise). 
Place your chicken atop the rosemary height wise.
1 pinch of garlic salt spread across the 3 slices of chicken.
1 pinch of pepper spread across the 3 slices of chicken.
2 pinches of red pepper flakes go across the 3 slices of chicken. (yes I like spicy!)
Place your zuccini atop the chicken spread it evenly across the 3 slices of chicken.
1 pinch of garlic salt spread atop the zuccini.
Spred the ¼ cup of cheese atop the zuccini evenly.
Bake for 20-30 minutes

After that give a check making sure your chicken is cooked through thoroughly. 
Let it is for 10 minutes and vol-la!

I eat 1 - 1 1/2 slices with a salad it's just yummy! Be mindful of how much cheese you put on your chicken because that can totally take the whole low carb out of the picture.

Also chicken luau! I used coconut milk in mine but when I figure out the recipe you'll be the first to know ;)

I already made the chicken zuccini and loved it because I could taste the chicken yet it wasn't so blah! =D

Luana oe! (You enjoy!)

Until we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try it! I've been wanting to change my eating to a healthier low fat lifestyle. Lord help me! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN SIS! We can do it together!!!!! I go to 808 Fitness if you want to jump in =) Also we can encourage each other! I'm just wanting to be healthy I've changed some things but it really starts with our mind first! I know that it's be tough for me but I'm willing! Chocolate love me and all the bad stuff love me so much they hang around me LOL but Sis if you need encouragement and all that!!!! I'm so there!!!!

    ReplyDelete