Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Lord spoke this into my spirit this morning!

     I am encouraged by what I read this morning I hope it can and will be an encouragement to you!
     How I perceive things can make me or break me. I read this scripture and felt conviction. Conviction is nothing more than the Lord pressing on us to change- we know it's wrong so change... at least that's how I see conviction. It's not to stop and look at all my wrongs but to see what they are for who they are in me and to allow the Lord to change me and mold me. 
     My previous post has a statement I heard from my Pastor T. E. Bailey "Law brings knowledge of sin (wrong doing)" so reading the scripture brings knowledge of things I /we are doing wrong that I/ we may not know we're doing wrong. 
   
     So this scripture sheds light on curiosity and desire which are both flesh not spirit. They are wants and not needs for who we are and can become in Christ.

"All things [are] full of labour; man cannot utter [it]: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing."
Ecclesiastes 1:8 KJV

All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing  
Ecclesiastes 1:8 NIV

So here's how I view this though on another occasion this scripture can be read and the Lord will expose something completely different this is what the Lord spoke into my spirit today. Also my personal conviction...

     In this day and age of course I want... I won't lie and I'm being real I want a better home, car, job, business, sight, body, money and the list goes on! Shiny flat screen t.v., beautiful house to roll up to in a nice vehicle BUT realistically I have what I have and that is what is real. Being human though I want, want, want and even try to make it a need want LoL! Thus [ The eye never has enough of seeing ]
     Also hearing the daily scoops when I get around different family, friends and church members. If I'm not careful I can get caught up and fall into the gossip groups; those which I try really hard to stay away from! When I hear an inkling of what is going on I tend to want to know the truth thus getting involved where really I have no business in all cases even my own! Thus [ nor the ear filled with hearing ] 

     So here's my take on the entire scripture... It is impossible to calculate how much anxiety, pain, labor, and fatigue are necessary in order to carry on daily operations of life. What does that mean? Life is laborious even if I try to do it lazy man style, it will actually become worse should I neglect/ ignore problems.
      The desire of gain can be endless, and an endless curiosity to unfitness a variety of results, cause men to, labor on. So what exactly does this mean? I/ we work and faint after temporal (earthly possessions / I can also mean investing too much time on self image etc. ) things that can cause more problems than solve. Yes we have needs and fulfillment of those needs are important but knowing when we're being excessive is where the Lord comes in. He is he weight and balance for all things. In His Word we can find that His grace is sufficient! [ And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ] 2 Corinthians 12:9 We don't have to over exert ourselves when we have the Lord as ours weight and balance. We may not like the answer He gives but NO, is an answer. 
     I am a lover of art and graphics on any type of medium... When I had the ability I would buy magazines and anything that caught my eye artistically. Did I need it? No, I wanted it... The eye sees much, but wishes to, see more. Seeing in particular can be very scary because it can lead us into many temptations that can cause me to fall short of God's glory [ present tense from my last post check it out! ] I know I don't want to lose what I currently have so I will maintain what I have with prayer.
     The ear hears of many things; but is curious to hear more. So desire and curiosity carry men... If I trust in God no matter what my eyes see or what my ears hear He is sufficient for me! Gossip can be a real man killer I learned this one straight on. I won't lie I've been caught up and did my fair share of damage but as painfully as it was I have learned my lesson. I had to learn my lesson the way I did because I wouldn't have learned it any other way. Thus the Lord putting me/ us in situations where things are so messed up, not knowing head from toe, up from down it's so that he can reign in our dilemma. 

So he spoke into my spirit these things from this one verse:

My grace is sufficient... 2 Corinthians 12:9 (Our wants & needs seeing )

He is Jehovah Jireh our provider... Here's a great atrical on being content.

In Him we can find contentment...  ( Our wants & needs seeing )
 5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
 6So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Hebrews 13: 5-6

Be aware of our conversations... ( hearing ) Hebrews 13: 5,
"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man." Matthew 15:11

If our replies are not good about anything, blaming, sarcasim, do a heart check... (conversation)
"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." Matthew 12:34

So here's my close that does not mean we live a life of nothingness, poverty or hanging out with others. It means that even more so we need the Lord today to keep us in weight and balance. Keep our conversations clean and basically not throwing rocks at anyone with our mouths. Not over indulging with our eyes to the point where we become greedy, prideful and the like. This scripture encourages me because now I know what I need to look out for and how I need to be careful!
Till my next post!

<3
ps. i'm trying to figure out how to write my blogs so bear with me if I jump from first to second persons in my writings!

No comments:

Post a Comment