Monday, April 4, 2011

Portuguese Sausage Omlet - Low carb

Ok So here's one thing that us Hawaii people LOVE Portuguese sausage, eggs and rice. I've looked up what works and guess what! =) Portuguese sausage CAN! If you're watching your carb intake that is! Which counting calories is for the birds LoL I can't do it! I can however watch my carbs less numbers to deal with (to me anyway) So here's something I enjoy and you can too! I'm not eating rice or talo (kalo), manioke, mae or ufi those are the no no list (yes I have no no list)!

So there's a give and take here it's very high in salt - which can off balance things so becareful!
Try not to add shoyu, salt, garlic salt etc.

2 eggs (lightly scramble them)
1 pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup onion cut in small cubes
1/2 Aloha brand Portuguese Sausage (check your own label if you don't have aloha)
1/4 cup cheese (yes we can eat cheese be aware how much you put! Don't go for the entire bag!!!)
go for mozzarella or sharp cheddar or whatever works for you!
1/5 cup of club soda (yup ;) It will add some fluff to the eggs and stretch it!

Fry this puppy up with olive or coconut oil it's about 3 carbs but be careful it is high in salt... it's a give and take!

I'm going to eat but just be more concious though there is a give and take if I could make my own sausage than HEY! but I can't and it's processed. I would say stay away from processed so I've learned but if you can't here you go... don't add salt... stay away from shoyu!!!! no Msg!!!!! Maybe misses dash...

No comments:

Post a Comment